At Bracken Family Chiropractic & Massage in Orange Park, we provide personalized chiropractic care and massage therapy for our patients. We help prevent injuries and offer a holistic approach to pain management. We use manual manipulation to treat our patients. Some treatments use instruments, but primarily, a chiropractor’s best tool is his or her own hands. This allows the doctor to feel pressure and any irregularities that may contribute to a patient’s pain or symptoms.
Massage therapy is a natural complementary type of treatment that integrates well within chiropractic care, given the hands-on application of treatment offered by massage therapists. Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of a person’s soft tissue, such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, or other connective tissues. Several different types of massage therapy are practiced worldwide.
Types of Massage Therapy:
- Swedish Massage: Classical, gentle, more traditional form of massage.
- Trigger Point: Used to target a specific point of pain.
- Sports Massage: This is a great treatment for athletes who struggle with repetitive motion pain or injuries. Athletes can benefit from this type of massage to improve their performance and to prevent and treat injuries.
- Deep Tissue: Concentrated pressure is applied in slow movements to specific muscles or muscle groups.
- Shiatsu: Rhythmic application of pressure onto precise pressure points within the body which is thought to improve the flow of energy throughout the body.
Massage therapy can improve your overall health while preventing injuries and easing pain.
- Injury Prevention: Massage therapy is a good way to keep your muscles, tendons, and ligaments pliable and flexible. That’s important to avoid certain injuries. Soft tissues are more prone to injury when they’re inflexible.
- Pain Management for Injuries: It’s not uncommon for athletes to use massage therapy as part of their injury treatment to handle pain. Massage therapy can relieve stiff muscles and loosen other soft tissues. It can also help to relieve joint pain caused by inflammation. Nerve inflammation is quite common, especially with sports injuries.
- Pain Management for Medical Maladies: Massage therapy can be used to alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression which may cause headaches or other symptoms of larger medical conditions. Massage therapy can be used to ease symptoms associated with migraines, cancer, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, and Fibromyalgia.
Massage Therapy in Orange Park, FL
If you live in or around Orange Park, and you are considering massage therapy, call Bracken Family Chiropractic & Massage today at (904) 213-9805 to schedule an appointment. We will answer any questions you may have and help you determine if massage therapy is right for you.